As a designer, developer, and leader with over 11 years of experience, I solve intricate product problems with intuitive user experiences backed by original user research, data, and continuous experimentation. I build, mentor, and lead autonomous teams with outcome-focused frameworks and user-centric design principles. My superpower is bridging the gap between design, development, and business.
Thomasnet.com, New York, NY (Acquired by Xometry on December 2021)
Senior Director, Product Design / January 2022 - Present
VP, Product & Design / December 2020 - January 2022
- Responsible for the product management, design, and feature roadmap of Thomasnet.com, the leading industrial sourcing platform with a monthly active user base of over 1.7 million buyers and suppliers; led and mentored a cross-functional product and design team of six.
- Introduced a multi-sided platform strategy focused on growing core transactions and increasing match value between buyers and suppliers; architected, generated consensus, and executed on a feature roadmap that brought this strategy to fruition.
- Partnered with data science to build a reporting dashboard for our monetized user base with the objective of demonstrating ROI and upselling to paid subscriptions; currently the leading upsell feature.
- Automated the company claiming process of the platform by designing and partnering with engineering to build a self-service user experience for suppliers to claim their company and upgrade to a paid subscription; led to the claiming of 4,938 company profiles in the first two months of release.
- Proposed, defined, and led design efforts to bring communications between buyers and suppliers on to the platform through real-time messaging and project creation with the purpose of quoting; in the process of being released.
Director, UX & Experimentation / July 2017 - December 2020
- Responsible for all user experience design aspects of Thomasnet.com and its family of products; led, mentored, and hired a cross-functional team of product designers and UX engineers.
- Established an experimentation framework and growth process that lead to the launch of 300+ A/B tests; a process that brought monthly active users from an average of 760k to 1.7 million — an increase of 123.7% over the course of the program.
- Set the foundational design process for Thomasnet.com, including the architecture and implementation of a scalable design system, Thomas Blueprint, actively serving as the foundation for all Thomasnet.com and its family of products.
- Proposed, designed, and worked with engineering to create a COVID-19 Response System connecting manufacturers of PPE with front-line organizations; a system which Congress recommended as a critical resource to the Manufacturing Caucus (second to FEMA).
- Worked with marketing, engineering, and product to lead a four-month effort in the redesign and brand unification of the Thomasnet.com.
Thomas Marketing Services, New York, NY
Director, Design & Development / June 2015 - July 2017
Manager, Design & Development / August 2014 - June 2015
- Responsible for the design, development, and management of over 200+ conversion-focused marketing websites for Thomas Marketing Services, an award-winning full-service marketing agency for the industrial manufacturing industry and subsidiary of Thomasnet.com.
- Hired, led, and mentored a ten-person cross-functional team of designers, developers, and managers.
- Introduced a service and new subdivision to the organization focused on growth, experimentation, and A/B testing; generating over 500k in revenue within the first 6 months.
- Onboarded an offshore development team to manage website maintenance and overflow.
- Introduced a WordPress, Git, and WP Engine based tech stack as the replacement for our propriatary CMS and in-house hosting services; a tech stack powering 600+ client websites today.
- Optimized our design and development process by standardizing a library of common reusable design patterns and baseline design system.
Lead Front-End Developer / June 2013 - August 2014
- Worked closely with marketing strategists, writers, and designers to bring a new marketing agency division from zero to a $1.5 million-dollar subsidiary.
- Built a front-end framework to automate the website development and production process.
- Designed and developed 25+ conversion-focused marketing websites.
Web Designer / June 2011 - June 2013
- Responsible for designing 60+ custom websites for the industrial manufacturing industry.
- Introduced responsive web design to the business and manufacturing industry at large.
- Work featured in The Mobile Web Designer's Idea Book.
- Design Leadership
- Multi-Sided Platforms
- UI Design
- Design Strategy
- A/B Testing
- Growth & Engagement
- Stakeholder Management
- Information Architecture
- Design Systems
- User Research
- Front-End Development
- Design Process
- UX Writing
- Increased monthly active users by 123% and RFIs sent by 113.9% for Thomasnet.com during my tenure as the head of UX & experimentation.
- Proposed and executed on a COVID-19 Response System which led to the recommendation of Thomasnet.com by Congress to the Manufacturing Caucus
- Ranked as a top contributor to GoodUI.org
- Featured by Adobe: 6 Essential Tips for Effective A/B Testing
- Case Study: A Pragmatic Approach to Design Principles
Bachelor's Degree Graphic Design
2007 - 2011
Bloomfield College - Bloomfield, NJ